St Andrews Church
St Andrew's Church Ferring is the Church of England church to which our school is affiliated.
The building itself dates from 1170, though there has been a church on this site since 765AD. That Saxon church has long gone, but parts of the current building are Norman, with Early English additions. There is a single bell in a tower, and a churchyard that is still open.
The church is full of worshippers most Sundays, and is open every morning for people to light a candle or just sit and think. On the first Sunday of each month [outside Covid restrictions], we hold a Family Service, welcoming Scout Cubs and Beavers, Guides, Brownies and Rainbows. There is a guidebook available, telling the history of the building, and a monthly parish magazine that reports and advertises what is going on, as well as a weekly news sheet.
The church has a website too, www.standrewsferring.org.uk that can give current information.