Funding for 2018/19:
Total number of pupils on roll
Total amount of grant received
Overview of the school
At Ferring CE Primary School we understand the value of Sport and PE and believe that all children should be given the opportunity to partake in regular sport, including competitions both in school and against other schools.
We offer a range of extra-curricular activities for all the children and these are run by teachers and by qualified instructors. A full list of the clubs currently on offer can be found in the clubs section of our website.
Recently the government allocated sport premium money to each school. We have looked carefully into the best ways to use this to benefit our pupils and the impact of these provisions will be monitored by the PE leader and SLT to ensure it is having the best possible impact.
- We subscribe to our local cluster sport which is run by an excellent teacher at The Angmering School which is a specialist sports college. This money helps fund multiple competitions throughout the whole school year, allowing children in years 1-6 to compete against other schools. These include multi-skills, football, netball, rounders, stoolball, cricket, endball, tag rugby, swimming and athletics. The progress of our school at these competitions can be seen on the cluster website www.angmeringclustersport.weebly.com where our children’s reports of matches and competitions also appear.
- We have bought equipment to allow children to enjoy participation in sports with high quality, new resources.
- We have invested in a PE specialist from The Angmering School to lead PE lessons and develop staff CPD to ensure the provision of PE is of a high standard.
- We have had clubs run by Premier Education in order to offer a wide range of sporting opportunity from trained professionals.
In school competitions/clubs
- We understand and value the opportunity for the children to take part in competitions within school, and some of this money is being used to fund these opportunities.
- The PE leader will also be released from class to run competitions across the whole school and will include the bronze ambassadors in the planning and running of these events.
- An audit took place of the sporting activities of all children in the school. This will be used to highlight children who do not take part in regular sport and will in turn lead to planning of new clubs to include as many pupils as possible.